Thank you all for your participation and support to GPECOM2020
The following certificates have been presented in technical tracks of IEEE GPECOM2020. Congratulations to professional and student colleagues for their achievement at the conference.
The 2nd of Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference, GPECOM2020, focuses on the latest technologies, researches and challenges of power electronics, energy systems and communication technologies. The conference will be held on October 20-23, 2020 in Ephesus, Izmir, Turkey.
The purpose of GPECOM 2020 is to provide opportunity to share the most recent research outcomes in the areas of Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives, Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Conventional and Renewable Energy Systems, recent technologies of Microgrids and Smart Grids, Communication Systems and Technologies. It is aimed to create a professional network among researchers, academicians, professionals, engineers, and industry on the focused and related research areas of the entire energy infrastructure. Submissions of power, energy, and communication systems research papers presenting the control, modeling, design, integration and applications in technical track (TT) fields are strongly encouraged.
GPECOM2020 is a peer-review conference with double-blind review process.
The technical topics of the regular sessions include but are not limited to the following topics:
TT1- Power Electronics, Power Converters, Devices and Controllers
TT2- Electrical Machines and Drives
TT3- Conventional and Renewable Energy Technologies
TT4- Smart Grid Researches and Applications
TT5- Communication Technologies and Researches
TT6- Wireless Communication Systems
TT7- Education on Power, Energy and Communication Engineering
Prospective authors are invited to electronically submit full papers in English, 6 pages, in pdf format following instructions accessible via www.gpecom.org. Accepted and presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore online digital library after IEEE technical co-sponsorship approval and EI Compendex database. In addition, authors of selected papers may be called upon to resubmit extended versions of their papers for consideration of publication in the top of the IEEE Transactions and listed journal in the conference website.
A sample presentation template has been prepared for authors. The template is not mandatory and can be revised according to authors’ preferences. The number of pages can be increased if necessary.
Keynote sessions of IEEE GPECOM2020 are listed with the following titles. The detailed information on keynote and tutorial topics can be seen at Keynote Sessions page.
Professor Elena Lomonova, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands (Title: New Discoveries – Advanced Electromagnetic Actuation Systems)
Andrea Bonetti, Senior Specialist Relay Protection and IEC 61850 at Megger Sweden AB, Sweden (Title: Importance of IEC 61850 standard in the concept of the Smart Grid)
A/Professor Farhad Shahnia, Murdoch University, Australia (Title: Recent and Future Research on Microgrid Clusters)
Professor Josep M. Guerrero, Aalborg University, Denmark (Title: Living Microgrids – Energy flowing from inside out)
Professor Stanimir Valtchev, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal (Title: The Future DC Grids Include Wireless Energy)
Professor Vehbi Cagri Gungor, Abdullah Gul University (AGU), Turkey (Title: Technology Entrepreneurship and Internet of Things)
Professor Pierluigi Siano, University of Salerno, Italy (Title: Optimal Operation of Distributed Prosumers for Ancillary Services Provision in Electricity Markets)
The general information on GPECOM2020 virtual event are follows;
- The online presentation platform will be Microsoft Teams.
- Test sessions will be arranged for authors who need to check their technical equipment and presentation before conference.
- The test sessions will be available between October 12th-16th. Presenters who need to give test presentation are asked to send an email to email@example.com for scheduling.
- The presentations are given online and synchronously. Each presentation will take 20 minutes which is shared as 15-min for presentation and 5-min for Q&A.
- The conference sessions are scheduled in CET (GMT+2) time zone. Please make sure of the difference between your local time and CET zone. This or similar widgets may be helpful.
- Please check the draft program for your scheduled presentation. In case you need any revision, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Paper Submission Date: July 17th, 2020
Notification of Acceptance Date: August 30th, 2020
Final Paper Submission Date: September 18th, 2020
The general considerations and revisions are defined as follows after moving GPECOM2020 to virtual event;
- The conference programme will still be organized in keynote, tutorial and dialog sessions as planned for in-person meeting.
- Presentations will be given online and synchronously. In case very long difference exists between time zones, voice narration and prerecorded video may be applicable for those presenters.
- Conference registrants will be able to view slides over a certain and an extended period, and will be able to interact with posted questions.
- All presented proceedings will be submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- The registration fees are revised to reduced rates for virtual edition of GPECOM2020. The details will be announced at Registration Fees page soon.
Special Session proposal deadline has been extended until May 1st, 2020. Please check the Call for Special Sessions page for guidelines and oppportunities.
Approved Special sessions are listed at here
The GPECOM2020 conference will include special sessions on highly specialized topic areas, reporting technical trends and breakthroughs within the scope of the conference. Special Sessions are organized at the initiative of one or more individuals, who must adhere to specific procedures published on the conference website.
All the accepted and presented papers of IEEE GPECOM2020 will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library for publishing. Moreover, authors of selected papers will be invited to submit their papers in extended form for post-conference publishing after a new round of review. The post-conference submission opportunity will be available for the following high impact factor SCI journals.
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IET Smart Grid
- IET High Voltage
The following declaration is released for Turkish participants of GPECOM2019 who intend to apply for Academic Encouragement Rewards in Turkish Higher Education system.
Bilindiği üzere; 17.01.2020 tarih ve 31011 sayılı Resmi Gazete’de yayınlanan Akademik Teşvik Ödeneği Yönetmeliğinde Değişiklik Yapılmasına Dair Yönetmelik’in 3. Maddesiyle yapılan düzenlemede, mevcut Yönetmeliğin 7. maddesinin 9. fıkrası değiştirilmiştir. Bu değişiklik üzerine, Türkiye’deki katılımcılarımız için aşağıdaki detaylı listenin ve oranların paylaşılmasına ihtiyaç duyulmuştur.
2019 1st Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (GPECOM2019) konferansında, %60,67’si Türkiye dışındaki katılımcılar tarafından olmak üzere ve Türkiye dışından 26 farklı ülkeden sözlü tebliğ sunulmuştur. Akademik Teşvik başvurusunda bulunmak isteyen katılımcılarımızın bilgilerine arz edilmiştir.
2nd Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (IEEE GPECOM 2020) has now been approved by IEEE and listed at IEEE Conference Search Website. All the registered and presented papers will be published and indexed on IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Conference record number is 49333.
IEEE, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES); IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS); IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES); IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS); Region 08 – Europe,Middle East,Africa; and IEEE Turkey Section are Technical Co-Sponsors of IEEE GPECOM 2019.
The conference will be held on October 20-23, 2020 in Ephesus, Izmir, Turkey.
The updates on conference content and schedules will be announced in this section.