Informations for Special Session Organizers
A Special Session is a group of at least 6 papers, organized at the initiative of any volunteer organizer. Special Session topics must be in areas consistent with those of the Conference, but not the same as of a technical track. Special Sessions will last two hours and will normally include 6 papers from different institutions and organizations coming from different countries. Also a good balance regarding country contributions should be assured. The session can be organized in several parts, if more than 6 high quality papers are accepted in one special session. A Special Session cannot contain more than one of papers submitted by organizer (considering the number of accepted papers).
- Any potential Special Session organizer has to complete and send the Call for Special Session proposal to Special Session Chairs (Ayse Kocalmis Bilhan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Yasin Kabalci <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org> ) up to October 14, 2018.
SS Organizer's Duties and Review Process
Special Session organizers are expected to manage their SS by performing
– to send a “Call for Papers” dedicated to that Special Session containing the session details to the Special Session Chair;
– to contact potential authors and invite them to submit;
– to prepare a list of potential reviewers.
The review process of any Special Session will be led by the Special Session organizer(s) with the same rules as for regular papers. If the number of selected papers will be lower than 6, the Special Session will be cancelled and the accepted papers will be shared within other regular sessions of the area. Special Sessions may also include a higher number of papers (but being multiple of 6) if it is required by the particular topic and a sufficient number of papers is received. Additional instances may be agreed with Special Session Chairs.
After the Special Session organization is complete, the organizer must perform the following duties:
– to attend the Conference;
– to chair the proposed Special Session (bringing a personal laptop, as required for all Session Chairs);
– to provide the name of a co-chair (useful in case of Session Chair being author of a paper in the Session);
– to participate to the review process actively, like a track-chair.
Organizers of scheduled Special Sessions commit themselves to register for and attend the conference. For each Special Session, one free registration will be offered to the organizer or distributed among all organizers at their own decision. In any case, the general rules about maximum number of papers associated with a registration will apply.